Thursday, May 05, 2005

Gory Horror

It's not really my type of horror, but the Times has an interesting review of Haunted, by Chuck Palahniuk, which is billed as "a novel of short stories." Mr. Palahniuk is also the author of Fight Club, which I was not aware of. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to think of the book. It sounds pretty intense, but I did like Fight Club. Here's how the review begins:

"In his new ad hoc diet book, Chuck Palahniuk assembles two dozen of the most appetite-suppressing stories he can imagine. "Tell me a story to make me never want to eat, ever again," one character in "Haunted" requests - and, boy, does the author oblige. Mr. Palahniuk all but dares the reader to be seasick as he explores various forms of spiritual and literal putrefaction. If books had aromas, this one would reek of 'old potatoes melting into a black puddle under the kitchen sink.'"

Read the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home