Monday, July 17, 2006

Hostel

Frankly, I wasn't expecting much from Hostel, but I was pleasantly surprised. That's not to say it was a good movie -- as many others have commented, it takes far too long for the actual story to get going. Of course, I'm aware of the reason for including a multitude of nude young women other than to advance the plot.

Still, this movie had a lot to like about it. First, the main character, Paxton, was human enough to allow the viewer to actually care for him. Second, the gore was not as bad as I was expecting. Third, and finally, the last half hour or so of the movie really hummed along as a gripping suspense/thriller. I do think this movie is a lot better than many have given it credit for. I wouldn't watch it again, but it's pretty close to a movie like Saw II, and it's certainly better than Wolf Creek.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home