Thursday, March 10, 2005

"White Noise"

White Noise is one of the recent horror movies I've seen lately. I liked it, although there were mixed reviews from those I saw it with. What I liked about it, and this is kind of a spoiler in case you haven't seen it, is that it has a very old-fashioned theme, one that goes all the way back to Frankenstein. The main character is a guy who keeps messing around in places that he doesn't belong, far beyond the point when a rational person would have stopped, and it ends up killing him. The theme is that there are some things that should not be messed with, and severe consequences follow from the failure to follow this rule. I like that theme; the old Tales from the Crypt comic books drew on it heavily. And nobody beats the Crypt Keeper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home