Friday, February 17, 2006

A Winter Haunting -- Wow!

Recently, I blogged on Summer of Night, by Dan Simmons. I gave it high praise rated it as a five star level book.

I finished A Winter Haunting last night, and, if Summer of Night is five stars, then A Winter Haunting is a six star one. It was just an amazing, amazing book. I don't want to get into any specifics with it, because I don't want to influence anyone's thinking about the book. I will say that the story and characters are phenomenal, and the fact that the setting is the same as Summer of Night, many years later, gives the book a certain depth that is really a pleasure.

And this one is scary too. The creepy kind of scary that has you looking behind you as you read or listening extra careful to that sound from the basement. Buy it, and read it -- but you have to read Summer of Night first.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good news--I was worried you wouldn't like it.

DMC

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home