Friday, September 02, 2005

Movie Thoughts

In watching the trailer for the movie Cry-Wolf, which initially looked pretty cool, I began to rapidly lose interest during the trailer. After a moment's reflection, I realized why this was. According to the film's website, the director won a million dollars in a contest from Chrysler to film the movie. I thought that sounded kind of neat, and the still picture they are using to advertise the film is spooky in a way reminiscent of the good parts of House of 1,000 Corpses. But you know what bothered me about the trailer? The kids in it were too attractive. Yes, you heard me right. It just didn't seem right for this gritty, hard won little horror film to have a trailer that pans over a room full of kids straight out of an Abercrombie and Fitch ad. I mean, think back to the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and how it had such a documentary feel to it. Then fast forward to the remake with Jessica Biel and her drawn on blue jeans. Did that second movie at all feel real? Not to me. Plus, there's the whole cliche issue, as a result of which certain segments of the viewing populace are just immediately turned off when there are well-endowed girls running around and screaming helplessly. I'm not saying that the people in movies should be ugly, but it is really distracting when they are near-models.

So there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home