Monday, June 20, 2005

New Horror Reading

Now that I've finished blowing through Storm of Swords (amazing like its two predecessors; if you have any interest at all in fantasy, read these books), I am going to read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. This book is what could be described as a "literary" horror novel and seems to be something of a critics' darling. It's about the search for Dracula over a couple of generations. My wife's reading club actually read this book a couple of months ago, although it was only released to the general public last week. Like the Amazon reviewers, her club had mixed opinions of the book. Based on their comments and those of the reviewers, it sounds like a book more suited to a horror/history buff than to the general public. As luck would have it, a horror and history buff is exactly what I am, so I am hoping to enjoy it. My comments will follow in the one to two week range, hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home