Sunday, April 10, 2005

Hollow Earth?

Scientists will soon drill through the Earth's crust and reach the mantle, according to this article. I find this pretty exciting, not really because I enjoyed Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth so much. I don't believe that they will find a subterranean lake dark to the light of the sun, which will disappoint any Hollow Earth theorists who read this site. Nor do I believe the drillers will punch through to Hell. No, I just find the exploration of the unknown fascinating, and this breakthrough could really answer a lot of questions about the Earth that have emerged with the dominance of the plate tectonics theory (a theory that not too long ago was ridiculed by respectable scientists). Plus, as the title of this post suggests, I think you could write a pretty freaky/cool story about this -- especially given the fact that they are drilling through the ocean floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home