Saturday, April 02, 2005

Review of Ring 2

Well, it was a mess. Even with my lowered expectations, I still didn't like it very much. They really lived off the girl Samara from the first movie. There wasn't anything frightening in this one other than her, and they showed her so much that by the end she wasn't as scary. The acting wasn't that bad, but the plot was pretty stupid. I knew we were in trouble when Naomi Watts' car was attacked by a herd of fake-looking CGI deer for no apparent reason, and my sister looked at me and rolled her eyes. There was a lot of eye-rolling and sighs of disbelief throughout the movie. It's too bad: some of the back story for Samara they made up was kind of cool (The part with Sissy Spacek was really good. It almost felt like it belonged in a different movie.) I actually think that if they were going to make a second one they should have done a prequel about Samara's life before her mother threw her down the well. Now that would have been a dark, evil movie. As far as the movie they made, I wouldn't even bother renting it unless you really liked the first one. Even then, I would seriously consider just watching the original again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home