Monday, April 04, 2005

Sin City

It was number one at the box office this weekend. This movie intrigues me. It sounds promising: it was based on pretty grim comic books, and the director was so intent on transforming the stories from the comics into movies that he hired the writer of the comics to co-direct it with him. The movie is actually three separate stories and was filmed in a very stylized way. This is the only thing that worries me. The director filmed all the actors in front of a screen and filled the rest in with CGI later. The last movie I saw like that was Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, which looked kind of neat until you actually watch it and absorb its full awfullness. Thinking about it makes me shiver. Anyway, Sin City is one I'm hoping to catch in the theater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home