Thursday, March 03, 2005

New Stephen King Book

Stephen King is coming out with a new book. If you follow the link, you'll see that it's coming out in the fall of 2005, and it's a crime novel. Interesting. I suppose there are some fans out there that might be annoyed that he's going to break his "retirement" for a non-horror book (and you might think I'd be one of them, given the main topic of this blog), but I think it's a cool idea. I've pretty much always been a big fan of King, but, frankly, his later horror novels were a bit bloated. It's not they were unreadable (except maybe for Black House). They just lacked the punch of his earlier work. I think the type of hard-boiled crime novels this new imprint is putting out might be just the place for King to rejuvenate himself, both creatively and stylistically. I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home