Thursday, April 20, 2006

American Idol Results

Well, I was glad to see Ace go. No more "false"! My prediction is that Paris will be next. It's funny, I thought this was her best performance, second maybe to her song during the '50's week, but still she was in the bottom three. People just don't seem to like her. Could be the voice, I guess.

I swear they're testing my loyalty right now, though. The American Standards week frightened me, but it turned out great. Now, though, love songs? Blech. I don't see how this can be other than boring. Chris will have another test too, although I'm sure he'll do fine. I think they underrate his voice based on his preference to sing rock and yell. Of course, that preference is why I like him the best.

In the interest of humor, I have some Swiftian suggestions for Chris to sing for the love songs week. First, "This Love" by Pantera. "You keep this love, fist, scar, break." Mucho yelling here! Or how about "Devil's Plaything" by Danzig? "Love is a flame, a devil's thing." Nice. All right, I have a feeling he won't sing those even if he would go down in a tremendous blaze of metal glory. What about "I'd Do Anything for Love" by Meatloaf? That would be an ironic take on this bs week. Any of these might actually stave off sleep for a little while next Tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home