Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Winter Is Coming

In preparation for seeing the movie (hopefully this weekend), I re-read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I originally read it when I was a kid, so it was interesting to see how different it was from what I remembered. First of all, it was a lot shorter than I remembered. When I went back and re-read the Lord of the Rings, I was impressed with how long the books were, and how small the type was. I flew through this one, however, in two days. The other thing that I noticed was how much of a fairy tale it was, especially when compared to the Rings. I'm not sure if this re-reading made me look forward to the movie more or not, but at least my expectations are set at the appropriate level. I loved LOTR, so I am glad that I will be going into this movie without any thought of it being the same type of epic movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home